Disclaimer: Products featured were provided by ChickAdvisor for review purposes. Views expressed are honest and of my own.
Rise and shine with Joico Defy Damage Sleepover, an overnight bond-strengthener that nourishes hair while you sleep. With a formula that fortifies bonds through the night, this zero-effort, no-rinse treatment works on damp or dry strands and delivers softer, shinier, visibly healthier looking hair by morning.
This overnight nourishing treatment not only boosts shine, instantly softens and smooths hair, reduces the appearance of split ends but it also preserves over 85% of hair colour and protects against pollution.
- Protective Lipid: The exact kind found in healthy hair, acts as a first line of defence to help protect hair against damage.
- Moringa Seed Oil: Helps provide shine and softness with antioxidants, Vitamins A and E, Zinc, and Silica – ingredients that are fundamental to creating healthy, strong, damage-resistant hair.
- Arginine: A naturally occurring amino acid crucial to hair’s strength. Products that include Arginine help protect hair and rebuild it from the inside out.
- Smartrelease Technology: Joico’s one-of-a-kind liposome delivery system, packs a punch – continuously releasing Rosehip Oil, Arginine, and Keratin to help repair, strengthen, and protect hair from the damaging effects of daily styling.
How to Use:
- Before going to sleep, apply a small amount to dry or towel-dried hair, avoiding the root area. Leave in overnight – no rinsing necessary.
- Use 2-3 times a week or as needed.
Before anything else, my first impression when it comes to products (especially hair products) is the scent. And the scent of the Joico Defy Damage Sleepover Overnight Nourishing Treatment has a light sweet perfumey fragrance that does linger for a while. I quite like it but it might be too strong for those who are sensitive to scent.
In terms of usage, I used 2 pumps of product for my medium-to-long hair and it was perfectly enough. The texture reminded me of a light lotion consistency and when applied to the hair, it dried right into the strands. My hair felt normally fine and didn’t leave my hair with any sort of sticky/stiff texture or residue. In the morning, I woke up to smoother, softer hair with a bit of shine (see video below for a before and after).
Overall, I loved how easy this product works. Sure it’s one extra step to my bedtime routine but it honestly takes no time at all – every few days, I simply just pump the product into the palms of my hands, apply to hair and go to sleep. TIP to make things even easier, put the bottle on your bedside table.
What are your thoughts on Joico Defy Damage Sleepover? Do you do anything with your hair before you sleep? Have you tried any products from Joico?