Disclaimer: Products featured under this post were provided by ChickAdvisor for review purposes. Views expressed are honest and of my own.
Benzagel is a brand known for its affordable yet high-quality range of acne care products. And while all their acne treatment products contain Benzoyl Peroxide (recognized as the most effective OTC acne-fighting ingredient), it can cause dryness of the skin.
With that in mind, Benzagel now has an After Care Moisturizing Lotion based on a unique combination of ingredients that will gently exfoliate, nourish the skin and restore its Natural Moisturizing Factor.
- Squalane: With its excellent penetration properties, squalane mimics your skin’s own lipids to help prevent excess water loss and carry actives deep into the skin.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs): A blend of bilberry, sugarcane, orange and lemon extracts provides naturally occurring AHAs to exfoliate and promote younger-looking skin.
- Botanical Extracts: Aloe vera, rose, cucumber, ginger and witch hazel extracts combine their astringent and emollient properties to tighten skin, leaving a smooth and conditioned feel.
- Olive Fruit Extract: Protects against collagen and elastin reduction, increases the smoothness of the skin with antioxidants, and restores the Natural Moisturizing Factor in dry skin.
- Unique Minerals: Magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and silicon provide smoothing, moisturizing and skin-renewing capabilities.
I have been prescribed Tretinoin for my acne over a decade ago. At that time, the thought of going through the purging stage scared me, especially since I was already extremely self-conscious of my appearance. I tried it out for one night and immediately the next few days was a series of pimples and dry flaky skin. I gave up right then and there and let the tret expire.
Fast forward to 2020, when the pandemic hit and stay-at-home order were in place, I figured since I will be stuck at home for a while, it is the perfect time to restart the tret journey.
It has been a little less than a year since using tret but I wished the After Care Moisturizing Lotion existed in my routine in the beginning when the purging started. Nonetheless, I use the moisturizing lotion every other day that I am not on tret and so far, my skin has been loving it!
The Benzagel After Care Moisturizing Lotion has a very runny lotion consistency. It has a citrusy scent that doesn’t linger for long after application. It immediately absorbed into the skin and leaves the skin hydrated. This is a great product that is helping my skin, it is not as moisturizing as I would like, so I do top it off with a heavy moisturizer.
So whether you’re using an over-the-counter acne product or a topical prescription acne medication like I am, chances are your skin can get dry and irritating and I would highly recommend Benzagel After Care Moisturizing Lotion to be in your follow up skincare routine – however, please advise with your physician before using it to ensure that the ingredients are safe to use with your routine.
What are your thoughts on Benzagel After Care Moisturizing Lotion? Have you tried any products from Benzagel?